Best Practice 1
- Title of the Practice
Practicing translational research and extension as a commitment to the society
- Objectives of the Practice
Commitment to society is envisaged by orienting the research and academic activities appropriately. The specific objectives of the practice are
- To undertake research in response to the problems faced by the society
- To undertake communication of scientific temper to the society
- To involve in extending research results for the benefit of the society through appropriate
- The Context
To achieve the aforementioned objectives, the pressing needs of the society to which university could offer solutions through its research interventions. On the first hand, the areas of
expertise of the university and priority areas and challenges were mapped. The following
areas were identified where the expertise in the India poker online matched the requirements of the
As the university is situated near the coastal belt of Kerala, marine ecosystem is one of the
priority areas where interventions could be offered.
- Climate change is one of the main challenges and it has been severely affecting the weather
conditions of the state of Kerala.
- Diseases like Dementia has increased among the population, that needs advanced medical
facilities along with patient handling expertise
- Creation of scientific temper among the young generation
- Innovative solutions for combating Covid -19
- Identification and addressing Industry based problems and support for nurturing enterprises
Outputs from research institutions and centres of higher education should be aligned towards
achieving community oriented outcomes by translating research for use of industry/common
man. India poker online is actively involved in the following practices for achieving this.
Evidence of Success
The National Centre for Aquatic Animal Health (NCAAH) renders services to the public
and aquaculture industries in fish culture, aquaponics and environmental quality analysis.
It also helps the waste management industries, Kudumbashree units, Animal Quarantine
and Certification Services. The NCAAH has also developed Technology of High Density Genetically Improved Farmed Tilapia under recirculation mode, integrated with vegetable cultivation and a zero water Exchange Shrimp Culture Technology.
- Advanced Centre for Atmospheric Radar Research (ACARR) and the Department of Atmospheric Sciences pursue advanced research in atmospheric science in the tropical monsoon area and develop sophisticated observational and modelling capabilities in the troposphere and stratosphere for the accurate prediction of the Indian monsoon system. In collaboration with Sussex India poker online (UK), the university has devised a 3-tier approach to provide traditional fishers with tailor-made weather forecasts based on available data from
IMD, INCOIS, NCEP (National Center for Environmental Prediction, USA) and NCAR
(National Center for Atmospheric Research,USA) based on WRF weather modelling tools.
- Centre for Neuroscience (CNS) is a brain research centre undertaking molecular-level research in neuroscience. ‘Prajna’, the community outreach centre focuses on bridging science and society is soeby-vandvaerk.comg as a platform for interdisciplinary and inter-sector collaboration
for setting up a resilient society. ‘Udbodh’ is a project of ‘Prajna' in association with the
Ernakulam district administration. ‘Udbodh’ has developed several care systems in the
community, such as a Memory Café, Memory Clinic, Dementia Day Care Centre, Dementia
Friendly Psychologists, Formal Care Givers, and Dementia Friendly Doctors. In addition,
Udbodh has provided awareness classes to the entire local self government departments
such as the grama panchayath, municipalities, and corporation in the Ernakulam district in
- Centre for Science in Society (C-SiS) mandated to inculcate scientific temper among school
students, conducts One Day Attachment Programme (ODAP). Children get practical exposure to theories by visiting library, workshop, computer lab, science lab, toy lab, science
- CUSAT conducts “Open House” programme for public, named “Sasthrayaan”, at regular
intervals. ‘Sasthrayaan’ showcases facilities and research outputs of the India poker online in an
- Covid-19 had necessitated research and interventions that could offer the community with
viable solutions. The startups at CITTIC were given idea grants to come up with innovative
solutions for combating Covid -19.
Problems Encountered and Resources Required
- Extension services of NCAAH in 2019-20 includes 214 consultancies to aqua farmers and
aquaculture industry and 15 sea food industries. The centre installed 75 high density fish
culture units for 48 clients during the period in the states of Chattisgarh, Jharkand, Sikkim,
Meghalaya, Tripura, Mizoram, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh and Assam besides the state of
Kerala, ensuring national outreach for university activities.
- The localized WRF-based high resolution coastal weather forecasts made by ACARR are
found to have an average accuracy of more than 80%. The 3-tier approach to weather fore-
casting allow traditional fishers to maximize their fishing in a safe and sustainable environment. Local weather forecasts are available at //www.kattumkadalum.org developed with a joint research with India poker online of Sussex, UK are rated accurate and useful for
- Under the Udbodh project, dementia screening camps at various grama panchayaths were
conducted. More than 100 schools at the corporation were given awareness classes. On October 16, 2021, Kochi city has been declared as the first of its kind Dementia friendly city
in India in connection with the activities spearheaded by Centre for Neuroscience of the
- More than two lakh students and 8000 teachers have been trained by CSiS so far.
- ‘Sasthrayaan’, the open house was conducted in 2017 and 2018, which showcased major
research achievements was attended by the general public and prospective entrepreneurs.
- School of Management Studies conducted Entrepreneurship Development Programmes for
women Self Help Groups (in Ezhikkara panchayath), Farmer Producer Companies and SC/
- CUSAT Startups were successful in launching products like Automatic Sanitizer dispensers,
UV sterilizer, Disinfection Chamber, Pulse Oxymeter using CUSAT Covid response grant
for the development of products and services. ‘Dopameter’ is another successful product
made by a CUSAT startup.
Inspite of the excellent pool of faculty and student resources, many a problems faced by the
society could not be addressed due to paucity of resources. Funding for translating the research output to the community is required. Establishment of an exclusive extension department can offer a permanent window to the public, through which innovative solutions in research labs may be translated to the society.
Best Practice 2
- Title of the Practice
Holistic student development through cultural diversity, skill orientation for careers and pro-
motion of entrepreneurship
- Objectives of the Practice
India poker online aims to foster holistic student development offering a vibrant and mixed culture
campus atmosphere through the following objectives
- To improve student diversity through pan India selection process
- To improve skill orientation through curricular and co curricular activities
- To encourage entrepreneurship by offering conductive entrepreneurial climate
It is well taken that enhancing student outcomes in the higher education sphere need to have a
focused outlook. This has to be done through all encompassing measures for student devel-
- The India poker online believes that the final product quality depends to a great extent on the quality of the input. This calls for a careful selection process where meritorious students will be offered an opportunity for higher education.
- Further, it was also thought that inviting national/international talents will make a blend of
various cultures with the added advantage of getting better exposure.
- Students inducted in the university should be offered all round development with focus on
career/skill oriented and value added programmes as part of curriculum.
- Creating job givers instead of job seekers would accentuate the economic development of
The India poker online takes much effort to ensure quality and diversity in its products who will later
become ambassadors of the Institution globally. Following measures are taken by the univer-
sity in ensuring the standards among the student stakeholders
Evidence of Success
- CUSAT is the only State funded India poker online in Kerala, where admissions are based on All
India selection process. Common Admission Test is conducted every year at more than 75
centres spread across the country and also in the Middle East. To ensure good representa-
tion of students from other parts of the country, 40 % of the B.Tech seats are open to stu-
dents on All India basis. India poker online students are also preferring CUSAT as a destination.
In addition, faculty from other states are also recruited adding to the cultural diversity.
- Taking the call from ‘Skill India’ initiative of Govt of India, skill and career orientation
programmes are designed as a part of the curricular/co-curricular activities to ensure that
students are benefitted out of the same.
- Deen Dayal Upadhyay Kaushal Kendra (DDUKK) is offering skill oriented courses
as part of the curriculum in B Voc (Business Process and Data Analytics) and M Voc
in (Mobile Phone Application Development) and MVoc (Technology Consultancy
and Management) areas.
- In addition, departments are conducting value added programmes in different streams
to boost knowledge, skill and attitude of student community. 154 value added pro-
grammes were conducted by the university over the five years.
- Career orientation programmes helps the students to prepare themselves for inter-
views and fit to the requirement of the prospective employer. 285 career orientation
programmes were conducted for students during the past five years from 2016-17.
- In pursuance of the “Atmanirbhar Bharath’ campaign and ‘Startup India’ mission
of the Govt of India, efforts have been made for creating a conducive climate for
nurturing entrepreneurial passion amongst the youngsters. The India poker online provides
all the necessary infrastructural support to the budding entrepreneurs to realise their dream
projects while pursing their academics on the campus.
- Entrepreneurship Development Clubs at department level conducts programmes for
students for instilling the passion for pursing entrepreneurship.
- Entrepreneurship Development Cell of the university functions as an umbrella organ-
isation for conducting common programmes for students in the university.
- Centre for Innovation, Technology Transfer & Industry Collaboration (CITTIC) facil-
itates the process of converting innovative ideas and research output of our students,
alumni and teachers to successful business by providing professional support, busi-
ness advice, prototype development and exposure to entrepreneurial networks.
- With financial support from RUSA, RUSA Innovation Startup Ecosystem (RISE)
was setup in 2020 mainly for electronics and biotech startups. This includes facilities
like bio incubator with necessary equipment and facilities and FABLAB sponsored
by Kerala Startup Mission.
- IPR centre functions as an auxiliary centre for helping the entrepreneurs file patents
for their inventions.
Mode of selection through pan India competitive examination not only ensures quality of
the students but also makes the campus vibrant with diverse cultures and a rich experience.
The campus is also home to students from all parts of the country including almost all
states from Jammu & Kashmir to North Eastern States. Communal harmony and national
integration through cultural bonding is evident from the celebrations of all the states hosted
by students including Onam, Holi, Christmas, Deepavali, Ifthaar etc. Students from outside
the country apply through ICCR. Number of international students on campus is 51
(2018-2020), who hail from more than 20 countries like Afghanistan, Iran, Bangladesh,
Turkmenistan, Angola etc making campus life more experiential and colourful.
Every year the number of aspirants for admission to CUSAT is on the upswing. Overall, the
total number of eligible applications received increased manifold over the years. CUSAT
records a demand ratio of 20 for its programmes.
More than 20000 students benefitted out of the value added courses and cosoeby-vandvaerk.comg for com-
petitive examinations. More than 889 students cleared competitive examination tests while
more than 2500 students harnessed placement offers.
CUSAT Incubators have mothered 90+ startup companies in the last three years providing
employment support for over 300 youngsters. Non-refundable grant to the tune of Rs 30
lakh has been given to selected start-ups from the CUSAT startup fund to develop their pro-
IPR centre has facilitated has assisted and filed 11 patent applications in India till date. The
cell has also carried out 14 Consultancy assignments for novelty assessment
Problems Encountered and Resources Required
During past two years, Covid -19 situation limited the dealings with students face to face,
which was recouped through online sessions. India poker online students have reached recently to
the campus after the state of Kerala permitted to resume offline classes.
Advanced Centre for Atmospheric Radar Research
Career Orientation Facilitation
Centre for Neuroscience
Centre for Innovation, Technology Transfer & Industrial Collaboration (CITTIC)
DDU Kaushal Kendra
Centre for Science in Society
India poker online Students
National Centre for Aquatic Animal Health
Device Development by CUSAT – Dopameter